[vtk-developers] Java build problem on Intel Macs

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Sep 21 16:38:18 EDT 2006

On 2006-09-21 16:12, David Cole said:

>Since no one's answered... let's try it out empirically:
>If you take away the "JavaEmbedding.framework" ... can you get it to
>link and run ok?

:)  Well, I've searched the entire VTK source and found "JavaEmbedding"
nowhere.  However, it does appear in the CMake source in CMake/Modules/
FindJNI.cmake.  That's the only place I can find it anywhere.

And VTK has this in its CMakeLists.txt:

IF(VTK_WRAP_JAVA)
  <snip>
  INCLUDE(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindJava.cmake)
  INCLUDE(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindJNI.cmake)
  <snip>
ENDIF(VTK_WRAP_JAVA)

So I guess this isn't a VTK problem, but a CMake problem.

I know very little about CMake and Java, so I'm way over my head here.
All I know is that JavaEmbedding.framework is deprecated and ppc only,
and so it would be nice to move away from it somehow or other.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com