[vtk-developers] vtkProgrammableSource in VTK 5.0 with Python

Tadeu Manoel tadeu at esss.com.br
Mon Jun 12 13:36:21 EDT 2006

Why is vtkProgrammableSource::SetExecuteMethod exported to python and
vtkProgrammableSource::SetRequestInformationMethod is not exported by
default?

I am migrating some code from VTK 4.2 to VTK 5.0, and I'm new to this
new pipeline architecture. I'm having this problem now: in VTK 4.2, when
vtkProgrammableSource::UpdateInformation() were called, it automatically
called the ExecuteMethod from inside of it and everything was fine, but
now in 5.0 it tries to call the internal RequestInformationMethod, and I
have no way to set it from Python.

I know this new way is better (UpdateInformation should not request the
full data), but I'm locked because I can't write my own
UpdateInformation for the source.

Would the best solution be VTK exporting this function by default? Am I
missing something?

--
Edson Tadeu M. Manoel
ESSS - Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software