[vtk-developers] VTK Support for 64 bit file systems

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Jun 9 08:17:32 EDT 2006

Andy,

 > since I modified vtkConfigure.h, so all VTK will rebuild. Sorry....

In that case, can I make a change to vtkSetGet.h

I often want a vtkSetMacro and vtkSetStringMacro that will execute an
extra line of code in addition to caling this->Modified().

for example, SetMyFancyAlphaBlendingOption(...) needs to call
this->AlphaModified() as well as this->Modified, and similarly with
certian string sets.

I'm using
#define vtkSetMacroWithModifier(name,type,code) \
virtual void Set##name (type _arg) \
   { \
   vtkDebugMacro(<< this->GetClassName() << " (" << this << "): setting
" #name " to " << _arg); \
   if (this->name != _arg) \
     { \
     this->name = _arg; \
     this->Modified(); \
     code; \
     } \
   }

whicb allows you to do a vtkSetMacro(myVar, int, this->AlphaModified())
Just add a line of code of your own which is tagged on after the modified.

and thus save making lots of extra copies of Set/Get type code in your
own places.

Can we generalize this to all the vtkSet-XXX macros to make life easier?

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php