[vtk-developers] err building BCB5 shared

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jan 5 11:47:46 EST 2006

At 10:04 AM 1/5/2006, Dean Inglis wrote:
>Bill,
>
>on XP, BCB5, CMake 2.2.3, I was getting
>linker memory  error LME1518, access violation.
>This is a different error (LME1564) than I was seeing
>with clean experimental builds in Dec. for
>Superior and Proximal. I cleaned out the XP build's bin directory,
>recompiled and the static build now completes with no error.
>Is there a dependency check problem with the new CMake?
>
>Dean

I think I know what the problem is.   I recently found a bug
in cmake 2.2.3 where it did not remove libraries before building
them.   The result is that on borland, it adds the object files
to the library over and over.

Please try cvs cmake, and it should fix the problem.
The fix will be in 2.2.4.

-Bill