[vtk-developers] Problem with VTK on Compaq SC45/OSF1

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:59:44 EST 2006

I was asked to clarify that 2nd statement a bit, so here goes.

When I did all this testing, I *know* that /usr/bin was the first entry in
my path, it's in my ~/.cshrc file to be so.  But when I ran cmake, it pulled
from /usr/local/bin.  Now, with a test today, it's correctly getting
/usr/bin .   Why is it doing this?  I haven't the foggiest.

My guess is that a combination of systems configuration changes & Security
things going on at the site the last few weeks have got things changing by
the minute.  I don't think this is any fault of CMake, more a fault of this
system configuration and all the wacky stuff it has setup.  The GNU tools
just don't work (segfault, IOT, do nothing, it varies), and each compiler &
tool is in a different directory, referenced by shell-scripted symlink
wrappers. It's a mess, and not something I expect is very "standard".