[vtk-developers] Problem with VTK on Compaq SC45/OSF1

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:47:33 EST 2006

Ok, time for the final results :)

Finally got VTK & Cmake compiled & installed on our SC45 OSF system.  The
problem was in a few different parts:
   1) The linker was linking against the wrong libcxx.so.  Unsure why it was
pulling from /usr/shlib instead of the compiler directory, but that was the
source of the problem.   Even after updating my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
the correct directory as the first entry, it wouldn't work. Had to recompile
the app.
   2) CMake was pulling AR & RANLIB from the wrong directory, irrespective
of the PATH.  When I manually set the CMAKE_AR and CMAKE_RANLIB to the
proper ones with fully qualified path, everything worked.

Hopefully I can get a dashboard up in the next few days to keep this working
a bit easier.

--
Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist,