[vtk-developers] python install prefix in setup.py

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Wed Feb 15 10:50:25 EST 2006

Hi Sebastien,

We did come to a conclusion on the install discussion, but what we had
decided on is not going
to help you. Our first conclusion was that VTK_PYTHON_SETUP_ARGS should
become a
non-advanced and better documented.  Our second conclusion is that we
need to add some way to allow
people to have multiple installed versions of VTK in site-packages at
once.  Neither of these is relevant.

I'm guessing that you need to know where site-packages is so that you
can set the PYTHONPATH
automatically.  So VTK's CMake will have to figure out how setup.py
calculates the path to site-packages,
and will then create VTK_PYTHON_MODULE_DIRS in UseVTK.cmake so that
other projects
can find it.

Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?

 - David