[vtk-developers] python install prefix in setup.py

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Feb 15 09:57:07 EST 2006

Hello Guys,

Any progress on that python install discussion ?

Many of my dashboards are failing for external projects using
installed VTK's because it's just very hard to find where the Python stuff is.
On Windows for example, I can more or less rely on:
	vtkinstalldir/lib/site-packages
but on Unix, it's worse:
	vtkinstalldir/lib/python2.4/site-packages
there is now a python2.4 in the way to 'site-packages'. My dashboards
are automated, how can I figure out that there is a python2.4
directory there ? Right now, my workaround is to check if we are on
Win32 or not, then check if PYTHON_EXECUTABLE is set, and launch it
to get the python version, etc. Not so practical.

Thanks

--
Sebastien Barre