[vtk-developers] C++ exception handling in vtkWrapPython.c

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 04:56:31 EDT 2006

Hi there Prabhu,

On 8/1/06, Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu_r at users.sf.net> wrote:
> BTW, what happened about the threading support you were planning on
> adding?
>
>  http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2005-June/003331.html

We had a long and interesting discussion (I just reread the whole
thread) about whether observers should be allowed to be in different
threads than the VTK objects that they observe.  We did not reach
consensus; the mail thread ended with you saying that the person
writing the patch gets to choose. :)

In short, the solution was far more complex than initially thought,
and the time I had to spend on this was limited.  At the moment, I
have no multi-threading VTK/Python applications (and I intend to keep
it this way, threads being fundamentally broken and all ;), so this
work is currently on the back-burner.

Keep well,
Charl