[vtk-developers] Re: vtkOBBTree sqrt domain err

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Mon Nov 28 15:17:33 EST 2005

David,

what I am doing is segmenting a 2D image of trabecular bone,
shifting the range to [0,1], using vtkContourFilter to pull
out all boundaries at isolevel 0.5.  The isolines are clipped
to a central circular region of interest using vtkSphere and
vtkClipPolyData. The clipped 2D polydata is transformed into
surfaces using vtkLinearExtrusionFilter to extrude the polylines
to an out-of-plane height of 1, and then translating the resulting
polygonal data back -0.5 so that is straddles the image plane.
I then use vtkOBBTree to generate a search tree so that I can
efficiently run scan lines defined by point pairs in the image plane
at different orientations (stereology stuff).
How might I check the polydata going into vtkOBBTree: vtkMeshQuality?
Should I make sure that any of the clipped polylines are not reduced
to isolated points (and then extruded as a line)?

Dean