[vtk-developers] sprintf into fixed length strings in tcl wrapping

Steve Pieper pieper at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 18 15:39:33 EST 2005

Hi -

I noticed (the hard way) that if the name of a class instance is very
long the tcl wrapping code can write over the end of a char array on the
stack.  I fixed these with what I believe are the correct dynamic string
functions from Tcl (diff's attached).

I filed a vtk bug here:
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2505&pos=0

The original slicer bug that led to the issue is here:
http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=111&pos=

This obviously hasn't caused much trouble in general, but since it
corrupts memory it ought to be fixed.

Thanks,
-Steve