[vtk-developers] Additional math functionality

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Fri Nov 4 04:42:33 EST 2005

Just a comment on math functions that require 2D arrays as arguments.
When the dimensions are known at compile time, I find it more convenient
to declare, say,

 double[3][3] myArray;

 rather than

 double* myArrayPtrs[3];

Jacobi()is a case in mind.

Some additional 3x3 matrix transpose functionality would also be useful
-

	C = A B
	C = A B

and a 2nd order tensor transformation

	C = R B R

I am not sure whether a templated matrix class is worthwhile.

John.