[vtk-developers] Widgets directory...

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu Jun 30 13:10:27 EDT 2005

Hi Will,

sounds logical to me.  I have several new widgets in my version of
"vtkMy" and have also implemented a work around for handles to resize
dynamically in response to mouse controlled zoom/dolly.  If anyone
is interested or if it is not part of the upcoming widgets
perhaps I could post my solution for discussion.  Can we have a
peek at the class names for the upcoming widgets?

Dean

I am planning to move the existing widgets (found in VTK/Hybrid)  into the
VTK/Widgets directory (which is currently empty). This is due to the
impending VTK 5.0 release, in anticipation of many new widgets currently
being created, and because it is a logical reorganization of the code base.
Of course the appropriate CMake variable (VTK_USE_WIDGETS), and CMake
files, will be added to control whether this directory should be built, etc.

Please let me know if you have objections or concerns. Otherwise I will
perform the commit in the next few days.

Thanks,
Will