[vtk-developers] Shaders and vtk

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jun 20 03:13:57 EDT 2005

Regarding a posting from some time ago, but I can't find the one that
mentioned vtkPainter etc

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Moreland, Kenneth"
>> <kmorel at sandia.gov>
>> Subject: RE: [vtk-developers] GL Extension Wrangler library

This week, I'm going to start work on some fragment and vertex shaders
for vtk. I know that the vtkPainter + other mapper classes included some
Cg and GLSL support. I don't know what the their status is, but if there
are any plans to put them in vtk please let me know.

[Specifically I'm planning on putting in some refraction effects on some
SPH (Smooth particle hydrodyanics) simulations to give some realistic
watery effects. I've been using vtkPolyDataPointSpriteMapper to do fast
sphere renderings and will extend this to handle a bunch of new
capabilities. I welcome and feedback on the subject. - it'd be nice to
also render water surfaces/contours from CFD this way]

cheers

JB