[vtk-developers] Status

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Fri Jun 3 20:11:54 EDT 2005

Following on ...

Additionally there have been the parametric classes, nicely extended and
enhanced by Will (yes there is documentation for these classes as a PDF).
Also vtkParticleFilter has been enhanced to process text and binary files.

Personally I feel that getting rid of the patented directory is an excellent
idea. However, if you are going to branch VTK 5.0 soon could I suggest that
you wait until the August patents expire? I believe it is only MarchingCubes
but I am not sure.

Some of the documentation for existing classes needs to be updated/enhanced.
If there is any interest I would be happy to look through the classes that I
have used to see what documentation needs to be enhanced/added.

All in all I think VTK has come a long way in the past year or so
(especially in the last few weeks!). Thanks to all at Kitware and other
developers.

Andrew