[vtk-developers] Status

Thompson, David C dcthomp at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 3 12:46:31 EDT 2005

> I'm sure there are a bunch of other recent developments but that is all I
> can think of right now. Others feel free to chime in on recent changes and
> additions and of course suggestions, comments, etc are welcome.

A few other changes are mentioned in the Roadmap FAQ:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp
and there is also an API for higher order finite elements (i.e., elements
with nonlinear maps from parametric coordinates to fields and/or geometry,
above and beyond the quadratic cells VTK already supports). Here is the
README found in the GenericFiltering directory:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/GenericFiltering/README.html

        David