[vtk-developers] VTK 5.0 branch in mid-August

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Sun Jul 31 13:44:11 EDT 2005

Folks-

Unless I hear some compelling reasons, we are looking at a tentative
date of mid-August to branch VTK 5.0. It's time to get something out,
and the revamped pipeline is stable. I would like to ask all of you
to please help us return the VTK dashboard to a squeaky green state,
and avoid checking in any fragile code at this point. Dave Cole here
at Kitware is going to help me with this; both of us are feeling
militant with big sticks right now so don't be surprised to hear from
us if some of your code is problematic.

I'd like to hear your feedback if you have comments or concerns. Thanks,
Will