[vtk-developers] Question on testing gl2ps

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Tue Jul 19 07:57:47 EDT 2005

    Will> Prabhu- I am almost always in favor of adding another

Great.

    Will> test. Rather than "passing silently" shouldn't you modify
    Will> CMakeLists.txt to run the test only if PIL is installed?

Well, I am no CMake expert and looking at other CMakeLists.txt files
and the CMake.pdf isn't too revealing on how this could be done
(easily).  What I'd like to do is to run the following command:

 python -c "import Image"

if the exit status is 0, then run the test, if not don't run it.

    Will> The other thing is to please document the heck out of the
    Will> test (including describing the expected environment) so

I will try and do that.

    Will> others can repeat what you have done. Also, I am wondering
    Will> if some sort of EPS driver should be added to VTK, although
    Will> I suspect it would be an enormous beast and probably is not
    Will> worth the effort and code.

I agree and doubt that it would be worth it.

cheers,
prabhu