[vtk-developers] netCDF

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jul 18 11:02:09 EDT 2005

Berk

>Hmmm. The problem we are seeing is with Linux drivers on 64 bit
>machines (EMT), not on Windows. Cells seem to get random alpha values.

Yes. That's it. Random alpha values whould give just what I'm seeing.

>What happens when you turn off immediate mode rendering? Also try

Well done. That fixed it. Looks fine now. Pity I didn't think of trying
that earlier.
Actually.
ImmediateModeRendering Checked gives dodgy image
ImmediateModeRendering UnChecked gives nice image, at least I can rotate
it now and see the data without the problem from before.

>changing the value of "Interpolate Colors" (which switches between
>using 1D texture maps and using OpenGL interpolation).

No that didn't help. but I'll stick to ImmediateModeRendering off for now.

Just for curiosity, I ran cellDataToPointData filter on it and the
prblem goes away - so it is just a cell data issue it seems.

cheers

JB