[vtk-developers] Proposed enhancement to vtkExtractGeometry

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Mon Jul 18 08:45:22 EDT 2005

    TC> Hi, This is possible, if you use the same filter twice :

    TC> 1) extract cells, including those on the boundary, with an
    TC>    inmplicit
    TC> function f.
    TC> 2) do the same to the output, but with the function -f.

    TC> You'll have exactly the entire cells lying on the boundary
    TC> f=0.

Aha!  Many thanks for that tip!  However, would not it be more
efficient if this were done in one pass?  I notice that the CVS
version of vtkExtractGeometry has an ExtractOnlyBoundaryCells option
that does this in one shot.  So this is already done.  Terrific!

Sorry about the noise.

cheers,
prabhu

p.s.  Thierry did not CC the list but I'm CCing the list to let you
know that I will not touch vtkExtractGeometry.