[vtk-developers] Proposed enhancement to vtkExtractGeometry

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sun Jul 17 12:34:50 EDT 2005

Hi,

I was thinking of adding either a new filter or enhancing
vtkExtractGeometry in order to extract all the cells that are entirely
inside/outside or *intersect* an implicit function.  For example, you
could use a cut plane and extract all the cells that intersect this
plane.  It looks like this is not doable currently.

I could add an option to vtkExtractGeometry (ExtractIntersectingCells)
to do this or create a new class.  Creating a new class is simpler but
perhaps the logical course of action would be to add this to
vtkExtractGeometry.  I'd appreciate if someone could tell me which
would be preferred.

Thanks.

cheers,
prabhu