[vtk-developers] Patch to vtkWrapPython.c to make wrapped Python code GIL-friendly

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sat Jul 16 13:42:19 EDT 2005

    David> My point is simply this: if something is *probably* going
    David> to be incorrect, then force it to be incorrect early in the
    David> CMake configuration stage rather than wasting people's time

Sure, I think our point is that we want people to be able to use
VTK-Python without threading if that is what works for them.  It
should not be all or nothing.  Even if it means one more configuration
option, it should be possible for someone to build VTK-5.x without
thread support and whatever Python (>1.5.2) they have installed.
Judging by what you say of CMake's capabilities it should be quite
straightforward to do this.  That way everyone is happy.

BTW, did you get VTK-Python going with Python-2.4 under Win32?

cheers,
prabhu