[vtk-developers] Bad tstrip node ordering in VTK textbook.

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 12 16:18:50 EDT 2005

I don't know if this ever came up, but I found a slight error in Figure
5-2 (f) in "The Visualization Toolkit 3rd Edition."  It shows a node
ordering of a triangle strips that shows the back face of the strip,
whereas the implication (that is followed elsewhere in the figure) is
that the front face should be visible.

Normally I would not bother with such minutia, but I just spent the last
2 days (and am still working on) fixing bad node ordering in the
vtkBoxClipDataSet filter, and this figure is the only definitive listing
for node orderings of cells in VTK.  As such, it is important to be
correct.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories