[vtk-developers] vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper question

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:01:27 EDT 2005

I have a 128^3 volume that i'm trying to volume render. The images I get are
truly stunning, good job here guys.

I've written a script to rotate the volume rendering from 0 to 180 degrees,
in 2 degree increments. But every time I cross the 45degree mark on any
axis, it crashes with a segmentation fault.

a Backtrace shows the following:

[2:58:05pm]% dbx visualizer
dbx version 7.3.4 (86441_Nov11 MR) Nov 11 2002 11:31:55
where
Core from signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation violation
(dbx)
Thread 0x10000
> 0 vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper::CheckMinMaxVolumeFlag(unsigned
int*,int)(this = 0x14049428, mmpos = 0xfffffff9a50, c = 0)
["/viz/home/rhand/src/ezViz/Utilities/VTK/VolumeRendering/vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper.h":529,
0x5b12840]
(dbx)

This looks like a VTK bug to me. I've tried it with 15 different datasets
from the same project (same dimensions, etc), and all show the same
behavior.

--
Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist