[vtk-developers] QVTKWidget update

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Jan 19 15:49:26 EST 2005

Hi all,

Finally got word from Trolltech about putting QVTKWidget, a set of code
to display a VTK window in a Qt GUI.
The licensing issues are coming to a close.  It can be used by anyone
(free or commercial license of Qt), and observance to Qt's licensing
agreements will keep it that way.

I'm getting it ready to put into the VTK repository and would like
feedback if anyone disagrees with this layout.

I'll put QVTKWidget library and designer plugin library source in
VTK/Utilities/QVTKWidget

And put a few examples in
VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt/ ...

That's similar to the layout we had in vtkSNL for the last year.

QVTKWidget will have to build AFTER the other VTK libraries are built,
and everything else in the Utilities directory is built BEFORE the VTK
libraries.  So I was thinking putting the SUBDIRS in the
VTK/CMakeLists.txt file with appropriate CMake commands around it.

Thanks,
Clinton Stimpson