[vtk-developers] VTK Wrapping Tcl

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 12 08:29:21 EST 2005

Sebastien BARRE wrote:
> Building Custom command
> D:/build/kitware/VolView/VolViewNew-cvs-nmake-debug/GUI/WidgetsPro/vtkKWParameterValueFunctionEditorTcl.cxx...
>
> Building dependencies cmake.check_depends...
> 'cmake.depends' is up-to-date
> Building object file vtkKWParameterValueFunctionEditorTcl.obj...
> vtkKWParameterValueFunctionEditorTcl.cxx
> Building object file vtkKWColorTransferFunctionEditor.obj...
> [..]
>
> I start the application, it crashes:
>
> Debug Error !
> Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved
> accross a function call...
>
> and of course if I try to debug, the call stack is totally whacked

Have you tried a clean build of everything involved?  If not everything
gets re-wrapped/re-compiled then it is possible that a call to the
function Ken changed is still using the old signature.  Since it is
getting called through a pointer-to-function, there would not be a
linker error for this.  The change in signature could easily result in
stack mangling, which is what you are seeing (ESP is the stack pointer).

-Brad