[vtk-developers] VTK Wrapping Tcl

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Jan 12 00:30:50 EST 2005

Hi

Can you guys please double check the whole Wrap TCL stuff that has been
updated ?
(i.e. Ken's email "Changes to Tcl Wrapping ", and Andy's "Limit output of
VTK wrappers").

I have a bad feeling about it. Both at work and at home, I've modified some
.h, and see the following happening:

[..]
Building Custom command
D:/build/kitware/VolView/VolViewNew-cvs-nmake-debug/GUI/WidgetsPro/vtkKWParameterValueFunctionEditorTcl.cxx...
Building dependencies cmake.check_depends...
'cmake.depends' is up-to-date
Building object file vtkKWParameterValueFunctionEditorTcl.obj...
vtkKWParameterValueFunctionEditorTcl.cxx
Building object file vtkKWColorTransferFunctionEditor.obj...
[..]

I start the application, it crashes:

Debug Error !
Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved accross
a function call...

and of course if I try to debug, the call stack is totally whacked, as if
it was calling some random methods on the class I've changed. The run time
error happens in subclasses of the class I've just changed, so I suspect
the sub-class has not been rewrapped correctly and is trying to access the
superclass DLL in the wrong way. Forcing the subclasses to rewrap solves
the pb, so I guess this is definitely it. You can check by yourself that
only the superclass gets re-wrapped, whereas subclasses used to be
rewrapped too, if I'm not mistaken.

I suspect since most of our dashboards start from scratch, it might not
have been detected yet.

CMake 2.0.5, nmake mode.
Thank you

--