[vtk-developers] InputScalarsSelection in vtkThreshold but not vtkThresholdPoints?

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Feb 4 10:21:19 EST 2005

There is a long story behind this. The functionality should be added in
vtkAlgorithm, not duplicated in each and every filter by hand. If you want
to add it, add it to vtkAlgorithm (which is harder and takes more design
time) Eventually it will be put into vtkAlgorithm. Once the field
availability info is filled in (which Rusty is working on) then the
selection of what fields to operate on, in a general sense will be pretty
straight forward.

Ken