[vtk-developers] GUISupport directory ?

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Feb 2 18:36:08 EST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>> It was first brought up in the middle of December.  And a couple
>> times since then.
>> The two responses that Kitware gave were
>>  1. make sure there are no licencing issues.
>

> Could you clearly mark thoses file in GUISupport as none editable
> unless you have a Qt dev license. I don't see no README explaining
> this in this directory, and the mention within the source is not
> really obvious to me.

Sure.  Can do.

> Also I am still concern now that Qt is within VTK, Kitware should be
> responsible of any bug (let say through a Support contract), and -as
> far as I know- Kitware doesn't have a Qt dev license.

I and and a few others others with CVS permissions have commercial Qt
licenses.
I personally plan to continue support for this code.
Does that help enough?

> On a side note I browse through QVTKWidget.cxx and there is a
> reference to QVTK_HAVE_VTK_4_5. What is this ? Is this vtkSNL only ?
> Can you correct that, since I am not allowed to modify this file

This is to allow someone with VTK 4.2/4.4 to use the code.
Since it is new in VTK, I thought some people might want to grab it and
use it with VTK 4.2.
Ideally, one should use the CVS version of VTK as it provides
functionality for reparenting the widget.
I was planning to take that compatibility stuff out after the 5.0
release of VTK.
If no one wants that ability to use the code with 4.2 or 4.4, then I can
take it out now.

Clint