[vtk-developers] vtkAnimationScene

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Dec 19 09:41:57 EST 2005

Hi John,

You are correct about the looping. Your fix makes perfect sense for
sequence mode playing. The difficulty is in real-time mode. The problem
being how to define looping when playing the real-time mode. If delta
time passes after the end time, should we interpret as delta time from
start time when looping? If not, what is the delta that concides with
the start time? I went for treating time as a cycle begining and ending
at the same point (when looping). That being said, it's not correct to
enforce similar limitation in sequence mode (where deltas are
well-defined). I can fix that, unless you already have a patch for it.

I don't think anyone "feels strongly" about the animation scene and
cues, however, since they are used in ParaView, any substantial
behavioural changes may have repercussions there. It would be nice if we
could discuss these adjustments.

Utkarsh.