[vtk-developers] Proposed VTK_USE_VIDEO_FOR_WINDOWS / vfw32 / vtkAVIWriter changes

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Thu Aug 18 15:23:52 EDT 2005

At 8/18/2005 02:55 PM, David Cole wrote:
>OK, objection registered this time. Idea needs more brewing... :-)
>
>Sounds like you want vtkAVIWriter from cygwin, but we can't compile
>vtkWin32VideoSource.cxx there (I'm running a test compile under
>cygwin right now to verify that's still the case.)
>
>Should we leave the VTK_USE_VIDEO_FOR_WINDOWS setting as is and then
>add a new flag that's the internal only result of the TRY_COMPILE to
>decide about including vtkAVIWriter? Is that the optimum solution?

The less the number of flags / user-options, the better. We probably
need a TRY_COMPILE for  Video for Windows stuff, and the result of
that can be used to set VTK_USE_VIDEO_FOR_WINDOWS. If we are using
Cygwin, detect it (there is a CMake var for that), and don't compile
VideoSource because we know it's not ready for that yet.