[vtk-developers] VTK 5.0 Release status

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Aug 12 06:23:03 EDT 2005

John is correct. This is a bad design than I take full credit for :-)
Although I agree that this needs fixing at some point, it really
requires a rewrite of vtkPolyData and I am not willing to deal with
such an effort at this point (it could take months to get all the
side effects out). BTW- There are compelling reasons for the rewrite
besides the aforementioned bug, including performance/memory concerns.
Will