[vtk-developers] VTK 5.0 Release status

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Aug 12 05:57:40 EDT 2005

> - There is still an unsolved bug from me in the BugTracker system
> about  'vtkPolyData + vtkCellData + multiple cell types'
> <http://vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=564>. Fixing this will most
> probably cause some form of backward incompatibility. I am afraid
> that  if it won't be tackled in VTK 5, it will have to wait again for
> VTK  6.0, which means the bug will probably  remain open for several
> more  years. ;-)

But everyone knows that you must add cells in
verts->lines->Polys->Strips order for cell ids to match. You're adding
them randomly. It's a feature that has always existed and whilst lots of
possible fixes have been proposed, you are using the classes wrongly so
it isn't a proper bug. More of an annoyance

no?

JB