[vtk-developers] Better organization of tests

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu Aug 4 14:18:47 EDT 2005

Hi Prabhu,

Well, test name defines the category. So, if the test name is
VTK.Graphics.Maze, then the test is in category VTK, which contains
category Graphics, which contains the test Maze. You cannot have the
same test in multiple categories (in the current design).

So, decision needs to be made about the type of test. For example, maybe
all the blackbox tests should be separated, or maybe they should be
separated by kit:

VTK.Imaging.Blackbox.HeaderTesting

versus

VTK.Blackbox.HeaderTesting.Imaging

versus

VTK.Blackbox.Imaging.HeaderTesting

As far as duplicated tests, we could put some simple mapping, something
like:

Maze: VTK.Graphics.Maze

Which would mean Tests that calls itself Maze should be renamed to
VTK.Graphics.Maze.

       Andy

--
Andy Cedilnik