[vtk-developers] VTK 5.0 branch in mid-August

lucantiga at softhome.net lucantiga at softhome.net
Thu Aug 4 04:32:46 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,
I might have missed the end of the story, but in
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2005-June/003362.html
the issue of pipelines holding downstream and upstream references was
raised. The two solutions Ken proposed were
1) keeping a doubly linked list with strong references, assuming developers
take care of disconnecting filters both ways
2) making downstream references weak, allowing developers to call
something like the good old UnregisterAllOutputs (which I personally
found very handy)
I'm sorry if the issue has been already solved and I missed the boat, but
I think this needs to be clarified before the release of VTK 5.
In case solution 1) was adopted, what's the most correct way to
detach and destroy the upstream part of a pipeline without deep copying
its output?
Thanks

Luca

 --