[vtk-developers] Re: Python & VTK

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Aug 2 11:12:15 EDT 2005

Andrew,

1) Brad/Prabhu are discussing the way Python wrappers are installed in
another thread on the developers list. As Brad said, the vtk*Python.dll
end up in lib rather than bin because:

"... looks like there are actually no CMake install rules for VTK's
Python wrappers.  Instead the python setup.py convention is used.  I
understand the need to follow the python convention, but this is the
only part of VTK that is not installed by the CMake INSTALL target..."

* Also, as Prabhu suggested, I have fixed the scrtips for the paths to
be prepended so that there will be no conflicts with the installed dlls
while building the tests. So, you will no longer have to change the PATH
to point to the build dir. (could you verify that this is working).

2) I will try to find out why the VTKExamples build is failing. May be
someone on the list knows the reason.

Utkarsh