[vtk-developers] Re: significant slow-down (6x) ofvtkPiecewiseFunction::GetValue() with new pipeline

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 11:47:46 EST 2004

Hi there Dean,

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:39:42 -0500, Dean Inglis <dean.inglis at camris.ca> wrote:
> this is also the likely root of the slowdown seen with tests and
> examples using vtkSplineWidget, that I noted in a previous post:
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2004-October/002936.html
>
> vtkSpline relies on vtkPiecewiseFunction for most of its work.
> Hopefully someone working on the new pipeline can sort this out soon....

I was reminded of your posts to the mailing list when I was tracking
this down, but I wasn't sure that there was a link, so I thought it
prudent not to voice my suspicions in that regard.
I also hope that there's a way to get around the speed hit, as some of
my code is also heavily dependent on vtkPiecewiseFunction::GetValue()
calls.

Regards,
Charl