[vtk-developers] Re: significant slow-down (6x) ofvtkPiecewiseFunction::GetValue() with new pipeline

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Sun Nov 28 10:39:42 EST 2004

this is also the likely root of the slowdown seen with tests and
examples using vtkSplineWidget, that I noted in a previous post:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2004-October/002936.html

vtkSpline relies on vtkPiecewiseFunction for most of its work.
Hopefully someone working on the new pipeline can sort this out soon....

Dean