[vtk-developers] development and change roadmap on vtk.org?

Michael Halle mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 17 02:07:58 EST 2004

I just noticed that the relatively big VTK changes that
are happening between vtk4.2, the CVS version, and later
versions is not documented on the vtk website in any
way that someone just discovering vtk would ever be
able to find.

Even for me, it seems impossible to easily find out if,
say, 4.2.5 has the float -> double change or not without
going to the email list archives.

I think it would be very useful for a version of Will's
original "roadmap for changes" email could be turned into
a page on the site, and that the page could include
release version numbers and dates (for CVS) as they are
actually implemented.

A "how to change your code that works today into code
that work will work tomorrow with the least pain and
the greatest chance of working the day after" would also
be extremely handy.

Would this kind of extra documentation be possible?

Michael Halle
mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu