[vtk-developers] A PT mapper for VTK

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 20 14:54:14 EST 2004

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that I plan to add an
unstructured grid volume renderer to VTK.  Because this is the first
projection based unstructured grid volume rendering mapper added to VTK,
there are also several support classes that also have to be added.  The
classes are:

vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper: the vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper
implemented with the PT algorithm.

vtkVisibilitySort: an abstract class that performs a visibility sorting
of a collection of cells.

vtkCellCenterDepthSort: a simple implementation of a vtkVisibilitySort
that provides an approximate sorting based on the location of cell
centers.

vtkSort: a simple class that provides functions for sorting
vtkDataArrays.

I also have tests for vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper and vtkSort.

Unless there are any objections, I plan to add these classes tomorrow
morning.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories