[vtk-developers] Re: Final decision on license? [GL2PS]

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Nov 5 01:49:04 EST 2003

Hi Christophe, Ken and Andy,

    AC> I can check things here on some machines.  About memory leaks,
    AC> check valgrind. It rocks.

Andy, thanks very much for the offer to help.  I've gotten valgrind
built and installed over here and will check it out.

    CG> Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
    >> I'll be happy to check the code in (i.e. integrate it into VTK)
    >> and test things under Linux.

    CG> OK. I will release a version with the new licensing scheme,
    CG> then. This new version will include the ability to generate
    CG> compressed PDF and PostScript files using zlib.

Great!  Thanks for the new release!  I'll try start work on
incorporating gl2ps into VTK's CVS this weekend.

[snip]
    CG> The code should already compile "as is" on quite many
    CG> platforms (GL2PS is included in my mesh generator, which
    CG> compiles/runs fine on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, HP UX, Sun OS,
    CG> SGI IRIX, IBM AIX, Compaq Tru 64 and FreeBSD).

I did find a few bugs in the PDF output generated (by gl2ps-1.0.0) and
it did not read properly on Win32 with Acrobat 6, although it did read
OK under Linux!  I'll see if I can send something your way.  I also
had 22 warnings on Win32 MSVC 6.  There were no warnings under linux.
I'll try and get those warnings again.  Looking at the diff between
the last release and this I think some of these issues might be fixed
in 1.1.0.  I'll let you know if I do run into issues.

Many thanks again Christophe for changing the license and the new
release!  Thanks again Ken for following up on the license stuff and
thanks Andy for the offer to help!

cheers,
prabhu