[vtk-developers] Re: Final decision on license? [GL2PS]

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Nov 4 13:50:42 EST 2003

    KM> Hi Christophe, Good Job. I think the resulting copyright you
    KM> came up with is clear in its intent and it is pretty
    KM> reasonable. My gut reaction is that even though the resulting
    KM> copyright is more restrictive than BSD, as long as we put a
    KM> COPYRIGHT file at the top of the gl2ps directory I can live

Thanks Christophe and Ken!

    KM> with it. Other opinions from fellow VTK developers? On a
    KM> related note who ever puts this into VTK (Prabhu?) I assume
    KM> will make it so that it compiles without warnings & memory
    KM> leaks on all our tested platforms. That could be a bit of work
    KM> but I'm sure it will be appreciated.

I'll be happy to check the code in (i.e. integrate it into VTK) and
test things under Linux.  However, I do not have access to other
platforms so cannot help with fixing issues on other platforms.  I
could probably test things under Win32 but that is going to be a pain
because the machine I can build VTK on is in another lab.  I also have
my dissertation to finish so am not in a position to spend too much
time on this.  I'd also appreciate tips on how to go about checking
memory leaks.  What do you folks do to test for memory leaks in VTK?

cheers,
prabhu