[vtk-developers] vtkGL2PSExporter committed.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat May 31 16:09:14 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

Thanks to the similarity between vtkMy and VTK, and CMake, getting my
local version of vtkGL2PSExporter working with VTK was very easy!  A
few minor hiccups but nothing serious.

I've committed vtkGL2PSExporter.{h,cxx} to Rendering.  To test it out
first get gl2ps installed.  Get it here:

   http://www.geuz.org/gl2ps/

NOTE: I just looked at the above page and the latest version has a few
API changes.  My currently installed library version is 0.71 and
everything works with that (I think anything below 0.8 should work
with the code in VTK's CVS).  In a little while I'll check out the
newer version and make the code in CVS work with that (sorry, I didn't
realize that gl2ps would change...)

Anyway, once you get gl2ps installed, rerun cmake/ccmake/whatever,
turn on advanced options, set VTK_USE_GL2PS on and then make sure you
configure the include path and library.

Attached is a small Python test which will produce a test.ps.

cheers,
prabhu