[vtk-developers] vtkPolyData->IsEdge fix

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Tue Mar 11 05:17:22 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 lucantiga at softhome.net wrote:

> Hi Rasmus,
>  I'm glad you raised the issue. Actually please replace
> >         if ((pts[(j-1)%npts]==p2)||(pts[(j+1)%npts]==p2))
> with
> >         if (pts[(j+1)%npts]==p2)
>  for the fix.
>
> Luca

On second thought I am really scared of changing such an ancient
"feature", it could change the results of computations the most unexpected
places. A solution would be to update the documentation of IsEdge and add
another method, that can be used for n-sided polys. But what should it be
called? IsTruePolyEdge? IsNSidedPolyEdge?

Regards,
Rasmus