[vtk-developers] Use of vtkErrorCode

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Wed Jul 9 17:06:14 EDT 2003

Hi developers,

Currently there are methods in vtkSource to set/get an error
code.  vtkErrorCode keeps a list of the possible error codes that can be
returned.  This is currently used by some of the data readers in VTK.  I
intend to add an error code for when a data writer runs out of disk
space.  I also need to be able to set/get this error code from a superclass
of the current data writers, and vtkProcessObject is that superclass, so I
want to move SetErrorCode and GetErrorCode from vtkSource up to
vtkProcessObject.  This change would probably take place in the next 2 -
2.5 weeks.

Any opinions or suggestions?

Amy