[vtk-developers] changes to vtkOBJReader and vtkVRMLImporter

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 9 12:53:30 EDT 2003

Hello VTK Developers,

I'm planning to check in some changes to these classes in the 24 hours, in
order to add better support for the OBJ and VRML formats. vtkVRMLImporter
can now read-in texture coordinates. In both classes I have added
functionality to duplicate vertices where shared vertices have different
texture coordinates or normals.

None of the interface to these classes is changed. The output should only
be changed in cases where it was not correct before (although often this
caused access violations).

The files affected are:

vtkOBJReader.cxx
vtkVRMLImporter.h
vtkVRMLImporter.cxx

If anyone has a problem with this (for example, is currently working on
these files) or would like to know more before I make these changes, then
contact me ASAP.

Thanks!

Tim.

Tim Hutton,                        http://www.eastman.ucl.ac.uk/~dmi/MINORI
Research Fellow & PhD student,                   T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
MINORI Project, Biomedical Informatics Unit,
Eastman Dental Institute, UCL,                   Tel: [+44] (0)20 7915 2344
256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK         Fax: on request
This email represents the views of the sender alone and must not be
construed as representing the views of the Eastman Dental Institute. It may
contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally
privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed
and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s)
named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender.