[vtk-developers] Virtual methods in VTK classes

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Tue Jul 1 07:25:33 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 13:16, John Biddiscombe wrote:
> Nope, if things need to be made virtual, then it should be done.
> Thery're only non-virtual now because noone's got around to
> subclassing and needing them.

Thanks for the comments John.  A remaining question is then: if I am
going to start virtualising base methods, how do I decide which to
virtualise and which not?  I might need one or two overrides in my child
class, but someone else might need more.

My current thougts are to virtualise everything, except for very simple
setters and getters.  Even that is not hard and fast though.