[vtk-developers] VTK containers are gone; long live VTK containers

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Wed Jan 8 08:37:10 EST 2003

Hey Prabhu,

To give you a rough timeline for VTK42 it looks like this...

1) CMake 1.6 goes beta (done)
2) Start fixing install issues in VTK, Apple issues etc (ongoing)
3) Deal with containers (onging)
4) Release CMake 1.6 (soon, maybe a week?)
5) update CMakeList files for VTK to use macros and versions (this is
mostly done but since it requires CMake 1.6 it isn't checked in yet.
6) initial testing (two weeks maybe)
7) branch VTK 4.2 (three weeks)
8) announce beta and wait for a couple weeks
9) release (I'm guessing five weeks from now)
10) patch (we will have patches to VTK42 to fix bugs etc)

After step 7 people can start checking in changes to the tree again.

Thanks
Ken