[vtk-developers] VTK containers are gone; long live VTK containers

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Jan 7 13:02:40 EST 2003

This was an ongoing decision that had to be made before the release. If
VTK 4.2 included Andy's containers then we would have to support them
for all future versions of VTK. The driver was not so much addition of
STL as do we remove Andy's containers prior to release.

Basically, if there is a class in VTK that was not in VTK40 and you
think it shouldn't be in VTK42 let us know, because we will need to
address it. Otherwise we will be stuck with the class for the future.

You are talking about adding a new class which is a different situation
and hopefully not a double standard. You are handling the gl2ps issue
correctly and doing a good job of communicating on it.

Thanks
Ken