[vtk-developers] very long build times

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Fri Feb 21 06:27:39 EST 2003

Bill, Ken,

thanks for the feedback. I left the machine compiling for a while whilst I got on with other jobs. When I finally got fed up with it. I rebooted and restarted the build. It proceeded at normal pace and finished the rest in 20 minutes (doh!)

Bill's tips on the ncb etc files came too late, but next time I'll try deleting the intermediate stuff. Odd's on it's files like these that cause trouble.

Re: Timezone difference. I don't wear a watch normally, so how did the compiler know that I was working to UK time! I might have tried to trick it by being Japanese for the day - (Since my wife is Russian, next time I'll run it on her machine and it'll have to finish 3 hours before I start it :).

JB